A healthy and nourished skin is the reflection of the inner you. Eating healthy and keeping fit and de-stressed is the mantra to get a perfectly glowing skin naturally. Skin needs an uplift from inside in order to look rejuvenated and refreshed. It is significant to have a balanced diet in order to feed the skin with all the imperative nutrients and that also helps to keep the skin supple, radiant and flawless. A balanced diet includes a combination of fruits and vegetables and five of the foods that can be taken for a glowing skin are as below:
1. Avocado: It is enriched with antioxidants like lutein and beta -carotene that are responsible to make the skin soft and even make the skin hydrated if used externally. This can be applied as a face pack along with a teaspoon of honey in order to get the maximum benefits of the same. It can even be added to the diet with salad dressing together with orange juice, in dips or to the creamy side of pasta.
2. Oranges: It is generally seen that people tend to discard the peel of the oranges even though it has the maximum content of Vitamin C. It is said that the peel is the portion that comprises of antibacterial as well as antimicrobial properties. So it is advisable to consume the fruit and use the peel after powdering it with yoghurt and apply as face pack in order to get a clean, bright and glowing skin. The powder of the peel can even be used with sandalwood powder, walnut powder to which few lemon juice drops are added for a rejuvenated look.
3. Pumpkin: This vegetable is a combination of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins (A& C). They are even enriched with zinc for the growth of new cells and even helps in controlling the oil secretion, enhancing the skin tone and even helps to minimise the occurrence of open pores. It can not only be consumed but even added with honey to be used as a face pack with milk for a brighter and radiant skin.
4. Tomato: They are enriched with minerals as well as vitamins like K, A, B5, B3, B6 and B7. It even has an ingredient lycopene which works as an antioxidant and also has anti-ageing properties. The pulp or the juice of the tomato can even be applied on the skin in order to keep the pores tight and even help in the prevention of pimples as tomatoes have an acidic quality that even acts as natural form of sunscreen.
5. Strawberries: This small fruit is a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals and omega -3 acids that are good in getting free from dead skin cells. They are even known to enhance the collagen production, reduce the appearance of line lines and wrinkles as it is loaded with vitamin C. It helps to lighten the skin tone due to the presence of omega-3 fatty acids. The strawberries can be mashed with honey and applied on the face for a glowing look as well.
Thus, it is imperative to know that having proper nutrition influences the inner health and weight as well as it enhances the quality of one’s skin as well. Having good foods can be seen as the raw materials whose good quality can lead to better productivity which also means that having a better intake and quality of foods, the better is the result. No wonder they say “the skin is the reflection of one’s health, having proper food makes a person look nourished, proper fluid intake makes it look refreshed and rejuvenated, and keeping it well fed leads to a healthy life and makes the skin pleasing and astonishing”.